Sunday, December 8, 2013

tree trekking

Today, I was privileged to join in on an age old tradition called going-to-the-hydrosite-to-cut-down-a-Christmas-tree. So, we all piled into the car and set off down that bumpy road of life to obtain a Christmas tree. I am a little sad not to be going to get the tree with Dad this year, but this was a whole new tree adventure, so I think it will be ok.

It started with a trek through the site to get to where the right type of tree was.


Then we had to select a tree with the proper width and height. 


Then the tree was sawed down and carried back up the hill to the canal so that we could walk it back.



And here is rests in the living room with its star precariously perched on top.

Tonight ended with a pot roast and me holding a fat baby named Elvis. 
I call that a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment