Sunday, October 27, 2013

teen wolfing

We went for an adventure yesterday. Julie, one of the other teachers, picked Lydia and me up to go for a drive and see what we could see. We checked out a craft/tourism place to see what was up around there, got a lunch of french fries, and then drove up a mountain. The road was paved for a little ways, but it soon became dirt and rocks. This made for a bumpy ride, but it was all good. At one point, Julie turned to me and said, "If you are feeling adventurous, you should climb up on top of the car." There was a roof rack and a grate to hold onto, so it was relatively safe. Even so, I could hear my mother telling me how dangerous and inadvisable this move was, but I did it anyway. (Sorry, mom.)

This is me on top of the car. I put on a fur coat and windbreaker to stave off the cold breeze.
I am jamming to Surfin' USA, my favorite song.

I was on top of the car for about two hours as we drove up and then back down this mountain. I felt like a celebrity or as if Mardi Gras were happening all over again. Every person we passed called out and waved. Some kids even chased the car! The landscape was absolutely gorgeous. The beauty of this country is breathtaking. Everything is so green. Every one of the most vibrant shades of green. The trees would be so dense for a little while and then they would give way to these open expanses where you could see all the surrounding mountains and wide valleys full of fields and houses. 

There is a cow there. 

Julie and Lydia.

Lydia and I being explorers.

It's absurdly beautiful.

A sweet baby lamb we saw. Every time I watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, I want to be in that scene when they sing the song about Spring, and I could be holding this lamb.

And I wrote this which means that I survived my Teen Wolfing adventure. It was such a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment